4th DAY - HUMILITY



“Love is not boastful or conceited.” (1 Cor 13, 4)


Meditation


    Humility is the virtue that improves all the others virtues and without which none of them matures and takes root, because it ables us to recognize our mistakes, to ask for help, to ask apologize and above all, to forgive.

    “You are humble not when you humble yourself, but when you are humbled by others and you bear it for Christ.” (cf St Josemaria Escrivá, “The Way”, 594)


Man


    Jesus Christ, my Redeemer, who knew how to be humble in this world. You, being God, knew how to ask the help of your friends, You asked for water to the Samaritan when You were thirsty (Jn 4, 7), You accepted the help of Cyrene when the cross was too heavy ( Lk 23, 26), help me to ask for assistance, forgiveness and make me recognize that without You I can not be faithful to my vocation.

     My Mother, Lady of Charity, helps me not to be arrogant, but docile. You who have not committed any sin and knew how to live with all sinful men and women, loving them and accepting them as sons, help me to love and forgive the limitations and weaknesses of those who are around me and also to ask for apologize every time is necessary, either to God in the sacrament of confession, either to my brothers, with humility and truth.


Woman


    Jesus Christ, my Lord, You are meek and humble of heart, so you accepted the welcoming of your friends in this world, as in Bethany ( Mt 21.17) and at Zacchaeus’ home (Lk 19, 5), make my heart like yours, so that I can also understand that I need help and correction, in order to mature and grow in the virtue of humility.

     My Mother, Lady of Charity, helps me not to be arrogant, but docile. You who have not committed any sin and knew how to live with all sinful men and women, loving them and accepting them as sons, help me to love and forgive the limitations and weaknesses of those who are around me and also to ask for apologize every time is necessary, either to God in the sacrament of confession, either to my brothers, with humility and truth.


DAILY PRAYERS


Blessed be your purity, may it be blessed forever, for no less than God takes delight, in such exalted beauty. To you, heavenly Princess,Holy Virgin Mary, I offer on this day my whole heart, life and soul. Look upon me with compassion, do not leave me, my Mother. Amen.

Pray three times “Hail Mary”










Postar um comentário

Translate

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP